Institute of Nursing and Health Sciences conducts research studies regarding:
• Epidemiology of cancer incidence in women.
• Quality of life in health and disease.
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the diet of children and adolescents.
• The issue of counterfeit medicines.
• Problems of occupational risk in nursing.
• Psychosocial conditions of occurrence of specific health problems.
• Socio - educational aspects of the professional nurse.
• Health behaviors in adolescents and adults.
Institute of Nursing and Health Sciences faculty has already carried out a number of research project focused on society’s health assessment and the projects aimed at improving the competence of nursing staff.
- Assessment of dietary habits and nutritional status of toddlers. Title of the project: ‘Nutrition habits of children aged 2-3 years in Podkarpackie Voivodship’.
- The Health Policy Program. Title of the project: ‘Modification and implementation of oncology education in the Polish medical schools’.
- The project realised for the Regional Center for Social Policy of Podkarpackie Voivodship in Rzeszow. Title of the project: ‘The state of disability and need for care in Podkarpackie Voivodship’.
- The epidemiology of health problems among young adults and as adults in the Podkarpacie region and psychosocial factors conditioning the occurrence of certain health problems.
- The epidemiology of tumours in Podkarpackie Voivodship.
- The assessment of demand for health education in patients with chronic disease for example diabetes and hypertension.
- Quality of life conditioned by the state of health among patients with Podkarpackie Voivodship (Heath Related Quality of Life - HRQOL), including the quality of life of people with cancer.